You are here

Buildings and Public Amenities

Buildings and Public Amenities

From this page you can browse and search the records in Hebridean Connections.

Title Description Imagessort ascending Id
McGill University, Montreal 117355
St. Columba’s Church, Edinburgh 117357
St Kilda Centre 118539
Plockton High School Plockton High School is a 300 pupil high school in the village of Plockton, Scotland. The catchment area for the school stretches from Applecross in the north to Glenelg in the south. Since the opening of the Skye... 118541
Nautical College, Glasgow 118543
Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow 118647
Western General Hospital, Edinburgh 118648
Stornoway Primary School 118738
Church of Scotland, Castle Street, Dingwall The church is located in the heart of Dingwall on the north east of Scotland. 118863
Esdaile College, Edinburgh A former school for daughters of the manse, Esdaile closed in the late 1960s and was converted into private residential flats. The Esdaile Trust still assists financially with the schooling of daughters of ministers of... 118929
Glasgow College of Building 119027
Royal High School, Edinburgh It is generally accepted that the Royal High School is one of the oldest in Europe, possibly founded in 1128 when King David I founded the Abbey of Holyrood with which the school was first associated. The School is... 119065
Fodderty Cemetery, Strathpeffer Fodderty Cemetery is situated in the hamlet of Fodderty, near Strathpeffer. 119069
Free North Church, Inverness The Free North Church is a member of the Free Church of Scotland. It is a Gothic church designed by Alexander Ross and completed in 1893, and is situated on the banks of the River Ness at 27 Bank Street, Inverness IV1... 119097
La Clytte Military Cemetery, Belgium La Clytte Military Cemetery is located in the West-Vlaanderen region of Belgium. 119106
St Ringan's Church, Lerwick St Ringan’s was a United Presbyterian Church upon its opening in 1886, situated in Lower Hillhead, Lerwick. With the union of 1900  between the  United  Free Church and  United  Presbyterian Churches, St Ringan’s became... 119121
British Military Hospital, Rinteln BMH Rinteln was one of several BAOR (British Army On The Rhine) army hospitals in Germany. It is now closed.     119137
Oban High School 119139
Airidhantuim Primary School, Shader, Ness, Lewis 119163
Partick Free Church Partick Free Church is located at 29 Crow Road, Partick, Glasgow. It was designed by the architectural practice of A. Petrie and Sons, and was built in 1910 to a plain rectangular plan with a simple gable facade... 119193
St Columba's Church of Scotland, Copland Road St Columba's was located at 1 Copland Road, Govan. The church was demolished on 4th September 2000.  119212
Hawkhead Cemetery, Paisley Hawkhead Cemetery is a large Victorian cemetery located on Hawkhead  Road in southeast Paisley, south of Glasgow. The site includes graves of casualties from World War One and World War Two which are maintained by the... 119229
Balmacara House School Balmacara House School, an agricultural and horticultural college for boys aged 16-18, opened in the early 1950s and operated in that way until the early 1970s. The School comprised the main building, an annex that was... 119233
Dun Eisdean Care Home Dun Eisdean is a Care Home in Stornoway with places for 38 residents.  119440
Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill 119443
Harris House Care Home 119444
Caledonian Hotel, Stornoway 119465
Cummings Hotel, Inverness 119466
Echo Vale Cemetery Echo Vale Cemetery (known in French as Cimetière Echo Vale) is located in Marbsboro, Quebec. As noted on many tombstones, this cemetery contains the graves of settlers from Scotland who emigrated to Canada in the... 119566
University of Glasgow The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. In 1451 James II of Scotland persuaded Pope Nicholas V to grant a bull authorising the setting up of the University. Due to... 13862

Pages