You are here

EILEAN CHALUIM CHILLE, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

EILEAN CHALUIM CHILLE, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

Summary:

TOWN (Undated)
Centred on NB 385 210

Location:

NB 385 210

Full description:

NB32SE 13 centred on 385 210

See also:
NB32SE 1 NB 3858 2104 Church; Grave Yard

A township comprising eight unroofed buildings, all annotated as Ruins and one of which is annotated as St Columb's Church, three enclosures, one of which is annotated as a Grave Yard, three fields and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, Island of Lewis 1854, sheet 33). Eight unroofed buildings, three enclosures and two fields are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 25 July 1997

Acknowledgement:

Information provided by Western Isles Council Sites & Monuments Record, January 2006.

Title: EILEAN CHALUIM CHILLE, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)
Record Type: Historical/ Archaeological Sites
Type: Town/Village
SMR Record ID: MWE132166
Grid Ref Northing: 921000
Grid Ref Easting: 138500
Record Maintained By: CEP
Subject Id: 31701