You are here

LEMREWAY, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

LEMREWAY, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

Summary:

TOWN (Undated)
Centred on NB 380 118

Location:

NB 380 118

Full description:

NB31SE 1.01 centred on 380 118

A township comprising six roofed buildings, one of which are annotated as a Ruin, two partially roofed buildings, forty-five unroofed buildings, all of which are annotated as Ruins, fifteen enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, Island of Lewis 1854, sheet 43). Sixty-five roofed buildings, which include a church, a manse and a school, ten partially roofed buildings, forty-three unroofed buildings, some field walls and the fragmentary remains of the head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 3 July 1997

Acknowledgement:

Information provided by Western Isles Council Sites & Monuments Record, January 2006.

Title: LEMREWAY, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)
Record Type: Historical/ Archaeological Sites
Type: Town/Village
SMR Record ID: MWE134022
Grid Ref Northing: 911800
Grid Ref Easting: 138000
Record Maintained By: CEP
Subject Id: 31785