You are here

CALBOST, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

CALBOST, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)

Summary:

TOWN (Undated)
Centred on NB 414 173

Location:

NB 414 173

Full description:

NB41NW 1.01 centred on 414 173

A township comprising ninteen roofed, one partially roofed, four unroofed buildings, two of which are annotated as Ruins, five enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, Island of Lewis 1854, sheet 38). One of the roofed and one of the unroofed buildings are annotated as Corn Mills (see: NB41NW 1.02).
Fifteen roofed, four partially roofed, thirty-four unroofed buildings and the fragmentary remains of the head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 9 July 1997

Acknowledgement:

Information provided by Western Isles Council Sites & Monuments Record, January 2006.

Title: CALBOST, LEWIS - TOWN (Undated)
Record Type: Historical/ Archaeological Sites
Type: Town/Village
SMR Record ID: MWE134074
Grid Ref Northing: 917300
Grid Ref Easting: 141400
Record Maintained By: CEP
Subject Id: 31834