You are here

UIGEAN, LEWIS - TOWNSHIP (Undated), MANSE (Undated)

UIGEAN, LEWIS - TOWNSHIP (Undated), MANSE (Undated)

Summary:

TOWNSHIP (Undated)
MANSE (Undated)
Centred on NB 095 345, township shown on 1st ed OS map 1854

Location:

NB 095 345

Full description:

NB03SE 39 centred on 095 345

A township comprising six roofed buildings, one of which is annotated as a Free Church Manse, seven unroofed buildings, two of which are annotated as Ruins, eight enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, Island of Lewis 1854, sheet 24). Eight roofed buildings, one of which is annotated as a Manse, and nine unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 4 September 1997

Acknowledgement:

Information provided by Western Isles Council Sites & Monuments Record, January 2006.

 

Title: UIGEAN, LEWIS - TOWNSHIP (Undated), MANSE (Undated)
Record Type: Historical/ Archaeological Sites
Type: Township
SMR Record ID: MWE132227
Grid Ref Northing: 934500
Grid Ref Easting: 109500
Record Maintained By: CEU
Subject Id: 32259