You are here
Brollum is a deserted village on Loch Bhrollum, in the south of the district of Pairc. It was cleared in the 1840s and was in ruins by 1854.
Around 1820, the following were noted as living in Brollum:
- Louis Nicolson at 1 Brollum.
- John Macinnes, Mairi Macleod and their children, at 2 Brollum.
- John Maclean at 3 Brollum.
- Angus Macdonald, Christina Macdonald and their three children, at 4 Brollum.
- John Macinnes, Catherine Munro and their sons Angus Macinnes and Donald Macinnes at 5 Brollum.
- Donald Maclennan at 6 Brollum.
Title: Brollum, Lewis
Record Type: Locations
Gaelic Name: Brothluim
Also Known As: Brolum
Grid Ref Easting: 132213
Grid Ref Northing: 903148
Record Maintained By: CEP
Subject Id: 36262