You are here
Reverend John (1915-2002) was a son of John Macdonald of 10 Breaclet and Murdina Maclean, 1 Brenish. The family were living at 1 Brenish when he was born. When John left the Nicolson Institute he went to Keil School, Dumbarton. He then went to Glasgow University but his studies were interrupted by the Second World War. He served as a Flight/Sergeant in the Royal Air Force (RAF) and a record for him can be found in the Roll of Honour 1939-1945. He got his wings in South Africa.
In 1943, John married Eileen O'Flynn from London and they lived in Manchester.
After the war, John resumed his studies in Aberdeen University and graduated, becoming minister in Lochee Old Parish Church, Dundee. He and Eileen brought up their five children there, where he ministered until he retired.
They retired to a bungalow, 12 Hyndford Street, Dundee. Eileen was crippled with osteoporosis and John pottered in the garden. When they could not manage they moved from Dundee to a home near their son, John, at Dollar, Clackmannanshire.