You are here
Murdina (1887-1977) was a daughter of Murdo Maclean and Euphemia Macaulay, 1 Brenish. She married John Macdonald from Tobson and 10 Breaclete. They moved to 1 Brenish with the first of their four children, when her brother Finlay left for Chile. Finlay returned briefly in 1914 to marry. Murdina, her husband and family remained at 1 Brenish until Finlay and family returned from Chile in 1924.
They lived in Melness, Sutherland and Isleornsay, Isle of Skye where her husband was carrying out his missionary duties. From 1935-1947, her husband was a missionary in Brenish and they lived at the Mission House. When staying at the Mission House, they had the use of Croft 26 Brenish.
In 1948, Murdina and her husband moved to Bridge of Allan to live with daughter, Effie, and family and moved with them to Kirkcaldy. In 1951, when she was widowed, she continued to live with daughter, Effie, until her boys were older and she moved into her own flat in Kirkcaldy. She later relocated to Dundee to a flat near to the Manse where son, John, and his family stayed and also not far from daughter, Peggy and her husband, Malcolm.