117156: Deaconess Hospital, Edinburgh

Deaconess Hospital opened in 1894 in a building next to Saint Ninian’s Mission. In 1948, the Deaconess became part of Edinburgh Southern Hospitals Group. In 1984, it joined the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and Associated Hospitals Unit. The hospital closed in 1990.

Record Type:
Building or Public Amenity
Type Of Building Public Amenity:
Record Maintained by: