104437: ‘House 3’ Backhill

Fisherman Donald MacLeod and his family lived here from 1875 until 1900, when he obtained a croft at 5 Borve. The house at Backhill passed to his son Roderick, who married Effie in 1903, and it subsequently passed to their daughter Peggy.

It is the property listed as ‘house no 3’ in Bill Lawson’s croft history of the area. In the croft history of the area ‘house no 3’ is named as 17 Backhill, an address now given to a different property. This property is now known as Bayview.

Record Location

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Date Built:
Type Of Residence:
Record Maintained by:

Related Media

Church Road, Berneray

Church Road, Berneray