The original crofting tenant of 13 Calbost was Kenneth Macleod (1776-1837) from Carloway. The croft was divided between his sons, John (1826-1887) and Neil (1834-1892). John obtained 13a and Neil 13b.
Neil passed the croft at 13b Calbost to his son-in-law, Norman Macleod and his widow Ann Macleod inherited 13a and 13b. The next tenant was Angus Finlayson (1874-1958) who was married to Neil’s daughter, Catherine.
13b Calbost passed to Malcolm Alexander Macleod (1919-1987) from 5 Garyvard. The family moved to 131 Newmarket and the croft was taken over by John Murdo Matheson along with 14 Calbost.
- Record Type:
- Croft or Residence
- Type Of Residence:
- Record Maintained by: