The first tenant of 8 Laxay was Colin Mackenzie (1821-1892) who may have come from Eishken. His son John, who was married to Christina Macleod, 6 Kershader, inherited the croft. John died aged 46 years and his widow remarried to Kenneth Morrison, 4 Laxay. On her death, Kenneth returned to 4 Laxay.
Colin’s son Alexander (1867-1944) became the tenant of the croft until the 1920s when the family moved to 23 Laxay, conveying every stone in the house to rebuild there.
- Record Type:
- Croft or Residence
- Type Of Residence:
- Record Maintained by: