67372: 17 Ruisgarry (Brusda)

The croft at 17 Ruisgarry was created in the 1850 relotting of Ruisgarry by the Harris Estate. It is one of five crofts in an area known as Brùsda

The first tenants of the new croft were Angus Morrison and his wife Marion. Following Marion’s death, the croft passed to widow Marion Morrison (née Shaw), and then to her son Malcolm. In 1900 new crofts in Borve were allotted, and Malcolm made an exchange with Roderick MacLeod for one of those. It subsequently passed to Roderick’s son Angus.

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Date Built:
Date Lotted:
Type Of Residence:
Record Maintained by:

Related Media

Spuds and buttercups on the Berneray machair

Spuds and buttercups on the Berneray machair