69988: 11/12 Ruisgarry (Quay)

Situated at Quay on the island of Berneray, the two crofts 11 Ruisgarry and 12 Ruisgarry were combined in 1864. The first tenant of the combined croft was Kenneth MacAskill. Following his death it was passed down through his line to son John MacAskill and Neil MacAskill. When Neil relocated the croft passed to his first cousin Archie MacAskill, then his son Angus MacAskill. During the late 1980s Angus split the combined croft, passing 11 Ruisgarry to his nephew. Angus and his wife continued to live at 12 Ruisgarry.

Record Location

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Record Maintained by: