The first known tenant of 14 Keose was Malcolm Macleod (1780-1866) from Pairc who was married to Ann Ferguson, 22 Laxay. Malcolm and his wife Ann moved to Luerbost in 1852 to live with their son Fergus.
Malcolm’s son Murdo (1810-1891) was the tenant until the family moved to Orinsay in c1840. They were evicted to 8 Crossbost in 1843.
Murdo Macaulay (1814-1892) took over the tenancy, followed by his son Alexander and then daughter Lillias. Her son Angus (1881-1954) was the tenant until the family left for Canada in 1926.
Alexander’s son Colin M (1875-1944) was the tenant until the family moved to 5 Keose Glebe in 1936 after which his brother Kenneth and his family resided on the croft.
- Record Type:
- Croft or Residence
- Type Of Residence:
- Record Maintained by: