Obbe, An t-Òb is a fishing village in the South of Harris. A hearing of the Napier Royal Commission of Enquiry was held here on 31st May 1883. The village was purchased as part of the estate of South Harris by Lord Leverhulme in 1919. His intention was to turn it into a major fishing centre. In 1920, with local consent, Obbe was renamed Leverburgh.
- Record Type:
- Record Maintained by: