The Comann Eachdraidh Cheann a Tuath nan Loch (North Lochs Historical Society) archive consists mainly of documents that are held in the office the organisation shares with the Leurbost Community Association at Leurbost Community Centre. The society does not maintain a collection of artefacts.
The documents available include:
- Issues of the society’s quarterly magazine, Dùsgadh, from 1995 to date.
- A map of wells in local villages.
- Records of field visits to various archaeological sites.
- Results of professional archaeological surveys in the local area.
- Rolls of honour for the First and Second World Wars.
- Collections of Gaelic poetry (bàrdachd) by local bards.
- Croft histories of local villages compiled for the society and published by Bill Lawson.
In addition, the society has a collection of photographs of historical interest, together with sound recordings of local residents made for research purposes.
Some of the archive has been digitised. Among the material held in digital form are school photographs, family photographs, selected genealogical records, and articles from the society’s magazine, together with information relating to specific topics such as church history, the Great War, and the history of transport in North Lochs.
- Record Type:
- Record Maintained by: