The Stornoway Gazette was founded in 1917 by William Grant, formerly a Highland News reporter and a native of Inverness. On his death in 1932, his wife Johanna became proprietor and his son James Shaw Grant became editor, holding the post until 1963.
The Gazette was acquired by the Johnston Press in 2004, and is still published weekly on Thursdays. There is further information about its history on the Stornoway Gazette website.
Back runs of the Stornoway Gazette are held by the local studies department of Western Isles Libraries.
- Record Type:
- Source Type:
- Record Maintained by: