You are here
Lily (1809-1892) was the daughter of Christina Beaton and Murdo Maciver; it is not certain where the family were living at the time of her birth.
In 1820 her father is listed, by both name and nickname, as a sub-tenant of Old South Tolsta Tack.
On the 30th of January 1828 Lily married Donald Campbell, of Old South Tolsta Tack, and the couple settled in Old South Tolsta Tack.
In 1830, during the croft lottings, the couple obtained 14 Old North Tolsta; Lily's parents obtained 25 Old South Tolsta at this time.
The couple had seven children between 1831 and 1846: four boys and three girls.
In 1854, after Old North Tolsta had been decrofted to make way for Tolsta Farm, the family obtained 47 North Tolsta.
Lily was widowed in 1855.
Two of their children, Ann and Angus, became cottars at 47 North Tolsta.
In 1877 her son Angus died; he had no children. His widow left the cottar's house at 46 North Tolsta and married again.
In 1874 her daughter Ann left the cottar's house at 46 North Tolsta and settled, with her husband and their seven children, at the newly lotted croft of 71 North Tolsta.
In due course 47 North Tolsta passed to her son-in-law Angus Smith.