67370: 15 Ruisgarry (Trealigarry)

The croft at 15 Ruisgarry was created in the 1850 relotting of Ruisgarry by the Harris Estate. The area it lies within is known as Trealigarry (Gaelic: Trealaigearraidh), probably meaning ‘meadowland of the bypath or shortcut’.

15 Ruisgarry was allotted to William MacDonald. He lost the croft in 1864 and it was passed instead to Alexander MacLeod, then his son Allan MacLeod. Allan relocated to Howbeg and the croft passed to cousin Angus MacLeod, then to Angus’s nephew.


Record Location

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Date Lotted:
Type Of Residence:
Record Maintained by: