74254: ‘House 11’ Quay

Fisherman James MacLeod moved from his parents’ home at ‘house 7’ to live here with his wife Margaret MacDonald, who he married in 1879. Following his death in 1926, the house passed to son Duncan, whose siblings continued to live here with him.

The house, with its distinctive protective wall, was nicknamed The Fort, and also, since one of the brothers was named William, Fort William. The house later belonged to Angus MacAskill, who lived opposite at 11/12 Ruisgarry.

Record Location

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Type Of Residence:
Record Maintained by: