76448: ‘House 4’ Lamerick

This was a cottar’s house, the home of fisherman John MacLeod and his family from about 1875. It later passed to his son Allan, who was guardian to his nephews John and Neil Turner. Neil was passed the house following his uncle’s death. The house was subsequently sold to Finlay Neil Campbell, but later returned to the Turner family’s possession.

This property is referred to as ‘house 4’ in the croft history of the area.

Record Location

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Record Maintained by: