The village of Back came into being in 1851 when Old Back was re-lotted. It lies on the east coast of the Isle of Lewis to the north of Stornoway, in the district of Back.
Over time the number of crofts have increased to 67 and include Lighthill (Cnoc an t-Solais), New Street (am Poileagan) and the schoolhouse.
- Record Type:
- Type Of Location:
- Record Maintained by: