91323: William Finlayson

William (1829-1884) was the son of Andrew Finlayson and Christina Macleod, of 2 Old Coll.

In 1851, during the croft relottings, his parents obtained 20 Coll.

On the 18th of December 1852, at the Mission House in Melbost, he married Ann Macdonald, of 27 Old South Tolsta, but it is not clear where the couple initially settled or where their first two children were born.

In 1857 they obtained 57 North Tolsta and they had their last six children there. They had eight children in total: four boys and four girls.

In 1873 Ann’s parent’s croft, 10 North Tolsta, passed to William and the family moved there. 57 North Tolsta passed to Murdo Maciver.

Record Type:
Also Known As:
Uilleam Ruadh
Date Of Birth:
Date of Death:
Brothers Keeper Reference:
CET 578
Record Maintained by: