21792: Crowlista School

Crowlista School, now demolished, was located on the spot which is now the car park for the Uig Community Centre. It had been established following the Education Act of 1872 and built circa 1880 to accommodate the children of Crowlista, Timsgarry, Aird and some of Ardroil.

Malcolm Macleod was headteacher prior to 1916, but when the Valtos teacher joined up and went to France, Malcolm went to Valtos and Mrs Mackenzie, the minister’s wife, taught at Crowlista.

Record Location

Record Type:
Building or Public Amenity
Date Built:
Type Of Building Public Amenity:
Record Maintained by: