1299: 1 Habost, Lochs

Until January 2007 there was a prominent building at 1 Habost, the ruin of Jimmy Tod’s house, which incorporated a slaughter house, shop, weaving shed with four looms, and a garage for his bus. Originally the house was built by the Mackenzies, Clan Mhurchaid Ruaidh, Kenneth and James.

The first shop at 1 Habost was owned by Coinneach Ruadh, Kenneth Mackenzie, who moved to Stornoway and sold the croft to Alastair Macdonald (“Alastair Hamish”) of 9 Habost.

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Type Of Residence:
Record Maintained by:

Related Media

Jimmy Tod's House

Jimmy Tod’s House

Jimmy Tod's house

Jimmy Tod’s house