784: West Earshader Farm

In 1841 Farquhar Smith was the farmer at West Earshader. His son Peter inherited and it was later passed to Peter’s nephew Hugh Macleod, who lived there with his wife Margaret nee Macnaughton. West Earshader ceased to be a farm when Margaret, who was by this time widowed, moved out in the early 1900s and it was unoccupied until June 1947 when two families moved there. The last of these families left Earshader in 1964. D.H.M.Maciver bought West Earshader from Bernera Estate and he later sold it to Scaliscro Estate. The Scaliscro Estate established a mussel processing factory on the farm.

Record Location

Record Type:
Croft or Residence
Type Of Residence:
Farm / Tack
Record Maintained by: