The first tenant of 2 Habost was Duncan Mackay (1809-) who came from Harris to be a drover at Valamus, Shieldenish and Orinsay. The family moved to 11 Kershader in the 1860s, subsequently Malcolm Macleod, 65 Balallan came to croft 2 Habost and his sons and grandsons tenanted the croft.
There was a shop at 2 Habost, run from the 1800s to the 1950s by Colin Macleod Cailean Aonghais Chaluim, and after his death by his sister.
- Record Type:
- Croft or Residence
- Type Of Residence:
- Record Maintained by: