Valtos Public School opened in 1876 after the Education Act of 1872. There was one large classroom which could be divided with a partition and a smaller classroom for the infants. The headmaster’s house was attached. In 1904 there were over 100 pupils. It closed in 1970 when pupils moved to the newly-built Uig School.
The first official visit to the Valtos Centre was on 16th-17th September, 1972 by George Moody and Alistair Leonard with five 6th. year boys from the Nicolson Institute.
- Record Type:
- Building or Public Amenity
- Date Built:
- Type Of Building Public Amenity:
- Record Maintained by: